ShowBusinessMan + music

Iggy Pop Pokes Fun At Record Labels In New Ad For "Ready to Die"

A new video popped up earlier this to promote the new Iggy Pop and the Stooges album Ready to Die (out April 30 on Fat Possum),in the ad we see Iggy surrounded by beautiful women at a pool, complaining about being on a major label and "losing touch with the common man." He pleads with his manager to find him a new label..."I have got to get off this major-label system before it kills me. I don’t care about the money. Where’s my integrity?"
Which takes us to a shot of Iggy picking up trash in a park saying, "Hey, listen. You have got to get me off of this indie label," adding. "I handed [the record] in a month ago. Haven’t heard from them. The check bounced!"..."They’re from Mississippi!" a banner pops up that reads "Proudly released on Fat Possum Records from Oxford, Mississippi."
via:

advert, funny commercials, and more:

Iggy Pop Pokes Fun At Record Labels In New Ad For "Ready to Die" + music