ShowBusinessMan + summer day

My New Style: Shabby Apple's Glacier Dress

Body Shirt

Body Shirt: Summer Collection

Happy Day, everyone! If it's raining as much near all of you as it is over here in New York, I sincerely hope you're all staying dry! What's the best thing to do on a rainy day, in my opinion? Online (window) shop! I love learning about new and up-and-coming stores, as well as checking in with my favorite websites to see what was recently added to the inventory (or what's on sale!).

The store where this beautiful dress came from is certainly not unknown - this is the Glacier dress from the super-popular, super-lovely website Shabby Apple! This dress is part of their Berkshire line. I love what they have to say about this line of beautiful dresses:

Barbie's Dress

"Made for the last breaths of summer, this line embraces the Woman-in-the-wild--with basic,feminine silhouettes in easy-to-wear fabrics that provide you the ease and comfort you need for a weekend getaway, a last summer barbecue, or even a long day at the office. Slip into one and feel the joy of the evanescent summer - you'll be glad you did."

I'm sold! As I sit in my apartment shivering and watching the students battle with umbrellas in the storm-like conditions, I could certainly go for a sweet, lingering summer day! Even though this line is inspired by the end of summer, I think this dress is totally a fall piece. It's made from the "sturdiest, no-fuss poly blend," and has the sweetest pinstripe detailing. I love the pleats in the skirt. I think this dress has an incredibly-flattering shape that anyone can wear! Look at those details! So pretty and graceful. Thank you, Shabby Apple, for making such a wonderful dress.

Suiting Up at Express

I've always loved the chic styles in the windows of Express! Whenever I need something classic and pretty for an event or a night out, I'm eager to check out what's new in the store. Right now I'm crazy about the women's suits that can be found in store or online. These tailored pieces are so flattering and would definitely make a statement.

I mean, look at how cute the Rouched Sleeve Jacket and Wide Leg Editor Pant Suit is! I think the silhouette is modern and just so classy. I could totally see myself wearing this to a job interview. Look at the Luster Tweed Jacket and Editor Pant Suit. The details on the jacket are lovely. I love the pockets. I think this suit can easily go from work to play with the addition of some fun accessories (a pretty necklace or a cute clutch).

Guess what, readers! Right now there's an Express sweepstakes taking place on their Facebook page! The Work It Sweepstakes is offering one winner a $500 Express Suiting Makeover! How great is that? Wouldn't you like the opportunity to add one of these cute suits to your wardrobe?

What Express suit do you like best? Where would you like to wear one of their suits, and how would you make it uniquely you?

collection, dress, fashion, shopping, style, and more:

My New Style: Shabby Apple's Glacier Dress + summer day