ShowBusinessMan + style

Rock Girl: Sable Starr

Sable Starr

Sable Starr

Okay, so maybe I will never actually dress (or act) like Sable Starr, the "supergroupie" who, in the 1970s, was notoriously linked to such stars as David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls. I do, however, totally love this photo of her here:

Sable-Starr and Iggy Pop

Sable Starr and Iggy Pop

How great is that little ensemble? I love the hat and sunglasses, and the shirt is too cute. It's crazy to think that Sable Starr and other teenage girls flaunted their way onto the rock scene at as early as thirteen years old! They sure had guts.

I recently read an article entitled "Rock Groupies and Feminism" on Rachel Rabbit White's website, where I learned a lot about the "groupie babies" of the 1970s. Did you know that there was even a magazine (that ran for only five issues) centered around groupie lifestyle? The magazine was called Star, and you can find excerpts of it here.

I totally admire this chick for owning her style. She wasn't shy about taking risks or wearing something crazy to get attention, and that's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to reading more about Starr's very unique teenage lifestyle and her escapades across LA.

1970s, fashion, icon, music, Sable Starr, and more:

Rock Girl: Sable Starr + style