ShowBusinessMan + style

Cult Movie: Melancholia (directed by Lars Von Trier)

Melancholia

The Melancholia

I had the privilege of catching a screening of Lars Von Trier's Melancholia at last night's Talk Cinema event on campus. I'd been wanting to see this movie since I saw the trailer over the summer (and after hearing about all of the controversy at Cannes), and I thought I was going to have to wait until November to see it. Luckily, my friend saw the email for the event and we were able to grab some $5 tickets yesterday! Since movies tickets usually cost $11, this was a total steal.

The movie was great. The actors' performances were brilliant. The score was beautiful. The visuals were breathtaking. I also really fell in love with the style of the sisters, Justine (played by Kirsten Dunst) and Claire (played by Charlotte Gainsbourg). I loved the slouchy tees and sweaters, the fitted pants, the polished riding outfits. Of course, the wedding fashions were lovely, too. I especially loved the bare-faced, no-makeup look that both sisters sported throughout the majority of the film. Stunning. I wanted to leave you with a few stills so you can get a feel for the style!

Want to learn more about the film?

celebrity, Charlotte Gainsbourg, cinema, inspiration, Kirsten Dunst, Lars Von Trier, movie, and more:

Cult Movie: Melancholia (directed by Lars Von Trier) + style