ShowBusinessMan + Parkway Drive

My Favourite Movie #1: Parkway Drive

RocknRolla

See Also «My Favourite Films of 2008»

If you’re talking about Australia’s heavy music scene there’s really only one name you need to be discussing; Parkway Drive. The Byron Bay boys have had a hectic past 12 months, touring everywhere from Guatemala to Kolkata. I spoke to drummer Ben «Gaz» Gordon ahead of their gigs at the 20th Big Day Out and, naturally, I asked him the tough questions like `what are your favourite movies of all time?’ Here’s what he said:

“I’m a bad person to ask about movies because I mainly like to watch documentaries. I guess my favourite series would have to be the Die Hard movies. (I tell him there’s going to be a fifth Die Hard movie) No way, that’s awesome. I reckon he’s going to die in this one. Bruce Willis is a legend.
Besides that I haven’t watched many movies in the past 10 years. I’m a terrible person to watch movies with because I’m very judgemental of the Hollywood system. My favourite documentaries are The Human Planet, it’s the best, and Frozen Planet. Also anything that David Attenborough has touched or is involved with is awesome.”

Parkway Drive have a new concert DVD and album scheduled for release in 2012.

Die Hard, favourite movies, Hollywood, movie, and more:

My Favourite Movie #1: Parkway Drive + Parkway Drive